After Edward Vincent retired from the Provincial Government, he moved to Harcourt to live. Ed has been involved in a number of organizations and committees since his retirement. These include:
- Discovery Trail Tourism Association. Ed worked tirelessly to promote the Tourist Operators on the Bonavista Peninsula.
- Relay for Life. Ed has been involved in the Relay for Life since its inception in 2000.
- Discovery Health Care Foundation. Ed received the Volunteer of the Year for Discovery Health Care Foundation for his dedicated service.
- Children’s Wish Foundation and their fund raising efforts (Clarenville unit)
- Clarenville Caribous
- Smith Sound Volunteer Fire Dept. Ed is also a honourary member of the Fire Dept.
- Autism Society (Clarenville and area branch) for their fundraising efforts such as Annual golf tournament and snowmobile “run for the Hill.
Ed not only does the photography for these and many more Volunteer Groups, but he also provides DVDs to them for their libraries. You will also see Ed’s photography published in the Packet.